Deepak Lal (born 1940 in Lahore) is the James S. Coleman Professor of International Development Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is the author of many scholarly articles on development economics and of numerous books, including:
- Unintended Consequences: The Impact of Factor Endowments, Culture, and Politics on Long-Run Economic Performance,
- The Poverty of "Development Economics", Reviving the Invisible Hand: The Case for Classical Liberalism in the Twenty-first Century,
- In Praise of Empires: Globalization and Order, and
- The Hindu Equilibrium: India c. 1500 B.C.-2000 A.D.
- Centre for Policy Studies | Institute of Economic Affairs | Politeia | Trade Policy Research Centre | Cordell Hull Institute