Sir Charles Dunstone (born in 1964) is the founder and CEO of The Carphone Warehouse Group plc.
In February 2000 he was appointed as a non-executive director of Halifax and following the merger of Bank of Scotland and Halifax in September 2001, Dunstone was appointed as a non-executive director of HBOS plc.
Support for Labour
Letter to the Telegraph
On 1 April 2015 Dunstone was one of 103 business leaders who wrote to the Telegraph praising the British Conservative Party's economic policies and claiming a Labour government would 'threaten jobs and deter investment' in the UK.
- Royal Parks, trustee.
Recorded by the Electoral Commission:
|Date||Name of donor||Amount||Donated to||Subsidiary (parties only)|
|11/09/2014||Charles Dunstone||£5,000.00||Conservative Party||Wirral West|
- Forbes Charles Dunstone, accessed 2 April 2015.
- Bloomberg Charles W. Dunstone, accessed 2 April 2015.
- DGMT Board of Directors, Board Profile accessed 23 January 2009.
- Christopher Hope and Steven Swinford Tony Blair's former business backer Sir Charles Dunstone 'frightened' by Ed Miliband winning election Telegraph, 5 February 2015, accessed 2 April 2015
- David Prosser The Business On... Charles Dunstone, Chairman, TalkTalk Independent, 9 July 2010, accessed 8 April 2015.
- Charlotte Edwardes The best connected man in business: Carphone Warehouse billionaire Charles Dunstone on Cameron, congestion and karma Evening Standard,11 June 2014, accessed 8 April 2015.
- Peter Dominiczak, 100 business chiefs: Labour threatens Britain's recovery, Telegraph, 2 April 2015.
- Electoral Commission, Donation Search, accessed 2 April 2015.