Centre for European Policy Studies
Founded in Brussels in 1983, the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) describes itself as "one of the most experienced and authoritative think tanks operating in the European Union today". CEPS serves as a leading forum for debate on EU affairs, but its most distinguishing feature lies in its strong in-house research capacity, complemented by an extensive network of partner institutes throughout the world.
CEPS conduct research in a variety of areas including Economic Policy Energy and Climate Change, EU Neighbourhood Foreign and Security Policy, Financial Markets and Institutions, Justice and Home Affairs, Politics and Institutions, Regulatory Policy and Trade Developments and Policy.
The CEPS works with Madrid based think tank FRIDE on the project EU-Central Asia Monitoring (EUCAM). The project "focuses on four priority areas in order to find a mix between the broad political ambitions of the Strategy and the narrower practical priorities of EU institutions and member state assistance programmes". The four priority areas are Democracy and Human Rights, Security and Stability, Energy and Natural Resources and Education and Social Relations.
Amel Boubekeur is a Research Fellow and the leader of the Islam and Europe programme at the Centre for European Policy Studies in Brussels, focusing on Political Islam in Europe and North Africa. He is listed as a Participant in the Terrorism Research Initiative.
Board of Directors
H. Onno Ruding | Erik Belfrage | Hans Skov Christensen | Viscount Etienne Davignon Vice-Chairman, Suez-Tractebel | Baron Philippe de Schoutheete de Tervarent | Lord Simon of Highbury | Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein | Stefano Micossi | Jean-Dominique Percevault | Pedro Schwartz | Josef Tosovsky | Norbert Wieczorek | Daniel Gros | Karel Lannoo, Chief Executive
According to the (CEPS) website "funding is obtained from a variety of sources, including membership fees, project research, foundation grants, conferences fees, publication sales and an annual grant from the European Commission"
Publications, Contact, Resources and Notes
- Rym Ayadi, Reinhard H. Schmidt and Santiago Carbó Valverde with Emrah Arbak, Francisco Rodriguez Fernandez (2009), Investigating Diversity in the Banking Sector in Europe: The Performance and Role of Savings Banks, Centre for European Policy Studies: Brussels
- Michael Emerson (editor)(2009), Readings in European Security, Volume 5, Centre for European Policy Studies, Centre for European Policy Studies: Brussels
- Andrea Renda (Project Coordinator), Sebastian Kurpas, Piotr Maciej Kaczyński Lourdes Acedo Montoya and Lorna Schrefler (2009), Policy-Making in the EU: Achievements, Challenges and Proposals for Reform, Centre for European Policy Studies: Brussels
- Sydney J. Key (2009), Deposit-Protection Schemes: Issues for an EC Directive, Centre for European Policy Studies: Brussels
- Michael Emerson, Kristina Kausch and Richard Youngs (eds)(2009), Islamist Radicalisation: The Challenge for Euro-Mediterranean Relations, Centre for European Policy Studies: Brussels
- Michael Emerson with Arianna Checchi, Noriko Fujiwara, Ludmila Gajdosova, George Gavrilis and Elena Gnedina (2009), Synergies vs. Spheres of Influence in the Pan-European Space, Centre for European Policy Studies:Brussels
- Alexandros Lordos, Erol Kaymak & Nathalie Tocci (2009), A People’s Peace in Cyprus: Testing Public Opinion on the Options for a Comprehensive Settlement, Centre for European Policy Studies:Brussels
- Carmine Di Noia and Stefano Micossi with Jacopo Carmassi and Fabrizia Peirce (2009), Keep it simple: Policy Responses to the Financial Crisis, Centre for European Policy Studies: Brussels
- Michael Emerson (ed.), (2009), Ethno-Religious Conflict in Europe: Typologies of Radicalisation in Europe’s Muslim Communities, Centre for European Policy Studies: Brussels
- Kristian Uppenberg (2009), R&D in Europe: Expenditures across Sectors, Regions and Firm Sizes, Centre for European Policy Studies: Brussels
- Congresplein 1
- place du Congres
- 1000 Brussels
- (+32/2) 229.39.70
- About Us, About Ceps, Centre for European Policy Studies, Accessed 06-September-2009
- Ceps Projects, EU-Central Asia Monitoring (EUCAM), Centre for European Policy Studies, Accessed 08-September-2009
- Amel Boubekeur, Participants of the Terrorism Research Initiative, Perspectives on Terrorism, Accessed 08-September-2009