Fundación para las Relaciones Internacionales y el Diálogo Exterior
FRIDE "is a think tank based in Madrid that aims to provide the best and most innovative thinking on Europe’s role in the international arena. It strives to break new ground in its core research interests of peace and security, human rights, democracy promotion, and development and humanitarian aid, and mould debate in governmental and non-governmental bodies through rigorous analysis, rooted in the values of justice, equality and democracy." 
The FRIDE website lists four key research areas for the Spanish think tank, these are Democracy and Human Rights policies, Europe and the international System, Security and Conflict and Development Cooperation.
Democracy and Human Rights Policies
FRIDE's 2009 publications in the area of Democracy and Human Rights Policies are concerned with Venezuela's "transition from democracy to authoritarianism", democratic reform in the Middle East, encouraging EU involvement "to help the country's reforms" in Georgia, and the possibility that the EU is contributing to the "radicalisation of Islamists".
Champollion outlined their strategy as:
- "working with FRIDE to develop the tightly defined messaging that will help push their policy concerns higher up the political agenda, to draw attention to their research and policy papers, and to ensure their arguments are heard by the right policy makers, analysts and journalists in Westminster and Brussels"
- Ana Palacio | Shlomo Ben-Ami
- David Mathieson, a former unpaid special adviser to Robin Cook, is now an associate at FRIDE.
- About, FRIDE, accessed February 22, 2008.
- FRIDE, Research Areas, FRIDE Homepage, Accessed 12-January-2010
- Susanne Gratius, Chavez's new laws demand an International response, FRIDE, Accessed 12-January-2010
- Richard Youngs, Dicing with Democracy, FRIDE, Accessed 12-January-2010
- Balázs Jarábik and Tornike Sharashenidze, The EU and Georgia's turmoil, FRIDE, Accessed 12-January-2010
- Michael Emerson, Kristina Kausch and Richard Youngs, Islamist radicalisation: the challenge for euro-mediterranean relations, FRIDE, Accessed 12-January-2009
- Our Clients, Fride, Champollion, Accessed 25-October-2009
- "David Mathieson", FRIDE, accessed 26.09.10