Alexander Ritzmann is executive director (formerly a research fellow) at the European Foundation for Democracy and an ex-member of the Berlin State Parliament. He was also the vice chairman of the Free Democratic Party's parliamentary group. He served as the ranking member of his party on the homeland security and intelligence committees and was the spokesman for homeland security.
Ritzmann's research has focused since 2009 on the transatlantic aspects of the 'war on terrorism,' the radicalization of Muslims in Germany and the U.S., and Hezbollah and Hamas structures in Europe.  Ritzmann has testified before the U.S. Congress and gave briefings at the German Ministry of the Interior, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Council of the European Union. He is also advising members of the German Bundestag, the U.S. Congress and the European Parliament. 
Contact, References and Resources
- Facebook: Facebook Profile
- Ritzmann discusses the Myths About Terrorists and Their Backgrounds, Audio, no date (Accessed: 3 February 2008)
- AICGS Fellows Profile (Accessed: 3 February 2008)
- A panel debate - Brussels: The Hijacking of British Islam 12 February 2008, The European Foundation for Democracy and the Transatlantic Institute, posted 31 January 2008.
- ‘The Challenge of Jihadist Radicalisation for the EU and Beyond, Counter Extremism Project, European Policy Centre (EPC) and European European Foundation for Democracy], June 2017
- AICGS Fellows ProfileAICGS Website, Accessed 13-July-2009
- Alexander Ritzman Facebook Profile Facebook, Accessed 13-July-2009