General Timothy Granville-Chapman GBE, KCB (born January 1947 ) is a former vice-chief of the defence staff at the Ministry of Defence.
After leaving the armed forces, in 2010, he was appointed the director of the Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre Project.
Granville-Chapman also now sits on the advisory board at the multinational aerospace company Thales.
Granville-Chapman was commissioned into the army in 1968 and was promoted through the ranks eventually becoming vice-chief of the defence staff at the Ministry of Defence in 2005. Whilst in the armed forces he was the Chief of the General Staff's author, writing the first ever version of the British Military Doctrine which "articulated the concept of Fighting Power" and survives in doctrine to this day.
In January 2010 Granville-Chapman was appointed director of the Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre Project, the appointment was approved by ACOBA "subject to the condition that, for 12 months from his last day of service, he should not be personally involved in lobbying UK Government Ministers or Crown servants, including Special Advisers, on behalf of his new employer or related benefactors, the normal automatic 3-month waiting period being waived".
Revolving Door appointments
- Member of the advisory board, Thales, November 2010. The role was approved by ACOBA "subject to a waiting period of 12 months from his last day of service and the condition that, for 2 years from the same date, he should not become personally involved in lobbying UK Government Ministers or Crown servants, including Special Advisers, on behalf of his new employer".
- Director, Royal Artillery Museums Limited, July 2008-October 2008
- Campaign Against the Arms Trade, General Timothy Granville-Chapman, Meetings, Political Influence Database
- Vice Chief of the Defence Staff Ministry of Defence, accessed 27 November 2014
- Eleventh Report 2009-2010 Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, accessed 27 November 2014
- Nick Hopkins, Rob Evans and Richard Norton-Taylor MoD staff and thousands of military officers join arms firms The Guardian, 15 October 2012, accessed 27 November 2014
- Twelfth Report 2010-2011 Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, accessed 9 December 2014
- Timothy John Granville-Chapman GBE KCB ADC GEN Company Check, accessed 21 November 2014