John R Bolton is a leading neocon and a former US ambassador to the United Nations. In March 2018 President Donald Trump announced he was appointing Bolton as his new national security adviser following the removal of H.R. McMaster.
He is the winner of Zionist Organization of America's 2006 Defender of Israel Award – given to him for the role he played in undermining the "Zionism is Racism" declaration at the United Nations Anti-Racism conference in Durban, South Africa.
- Gatestone Institute - chairman of board of governors (in formation)
- United against a Nuclear Iran (UANI)- advisory board member
- Friends of Israel Initiative – founder member 
- Project for the New American Century
- Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA)
- Manhattan Institute
- MEMRI - Board of Advisors
- National Policy Forum
- New Atlantic Initiative
- American Enterprise Institute – senior vice president for policy (2001)
- Federalist Society
- Pamela Geller - Bolton endorse Geller's blog "Atlas Shrugs"
- National Council of Resistance of Iran
- Tom Barry, Israel's Man at the UN, International Relations Center, 26 July 2006.
- ↑ PDF Copy of The Friends of Israel Initiative > About > Founder Members <http://www.friendsofisraelinitiative.org/about-advisors.php> created 15 July 2010.
- ↑ Pamela Geller, "About", Atlas Shrugs, accessed on 23 November 2010
- ↑ NCRI, "International legal symposium in defense of Ashraf", National Council of Resistance of Iran, 5 December 2010, accessed on 21 December 2010