Interel was created in 1983 and describes itself as 'a leading strategic communications and public affairs consultancy in continental Europe'. It goes on to add that the 'company is a full service consultancy managing assignments ranging from reputation management to financial communications, consumer PR and European Public Affairs'.
In January 2008, Interel describe their Management as comprising...
- Jean Leopold Schuybroek - Executive Chairman. Schuybroek's biography describes how he 'has been responsible for the crisis and issue management of some of the most complex and high profile incidents in Europe, ranging across a wide range of subjects including the environment, labour relations, legal and regulatory issues and health' (Details of these incidents or the organisations involved are not disclosed). Schuybroek is currently Chairman of The International Communications Consultancy Organisation’s Membership and Governance committee and as is a member of the ICCO's executive committee. He is a founding member of The European Public Affairs Consultancies Association (EPACA). Schuybroek previously served as a special advisor to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in Trinidad and Tobago, as a Managing Director for Teleprint International (a Swiss telecommunications and information company), was President of The International Communications Consultancy Organisation (ICCO) and was President of the Belgian Public Relations Consultants Association (BPRCA) - also known as Belgisch Genootschap van Public Relations Adviseurs.
- Fredrik Lofthagen - Chief Executive. Lofthagen's biography describes how he joined Interel in 1996 as a public affairs consultant and became Director in 1997 (to develop the company’s EU Public Affairs practice). He became Partner and Managing Director in 1999 and Group Chief Executive in 2006. He is a Member of the Board of the Society of European Affairs Professionals. His previous involvements include employment with the Law Society of England and Wales and he has also served as a practicing lawyer with Belgian law firm De Bandt, van Hecke and Lagae (now part of Linklaters). He is the co-author of EU-Initiatives (a guide to all major EU legislative proposals) and lectures regularly on EU affairs and campaign management.
- Bob Lewis - Group Chief Operating Officer. Lewis's biography describes how he is a founder member of the European Corporate Responsibility Strategy Board and is a member of the Open University Governing Council (where he also chairs the Occupational Standards Board and sits on the Open University Business School Advisory Board). Lewis has also contributed to a range of other national and international advisory groups including the Africa Policy Advisory Group at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the New Deal Advisory Group at the Treasury Office (both for the UK government). Lewis previously held the position of European Vice President & General Manager for Global Knowledge, was Director of Organisational Effectiveness at Energis Communications, was a member of the Cable Communications Association executive management team and served six years at Cisco Systems (where he built and directed the largest public/private education partnership across Europe, Middle East & Africa). Lewis also served McKinsey and Company 'as part of the European leadership team charged with establishing an integrated Public Sector vertical business organisation'. Lewis began his career in financial administration at Mercedes Benz (UK) Ltd in 1979.
- Emmanuel Goedseels - Managing Director, Belgian Practice. Goedseels biography describes how he joined Interel in 1997 and supports clients in both Public Relations and Public Affairs. His clients include Citibank, IKEA, Beiersdorf, Fnac, Inbev, Thalys International Air Liquide and Shell. Goedseels previously spent several years as a journalist with France-Inter in Paris and for Le Soir newspaper group in Belgium.
- Tom Parker - Managing Director, European Public Affairs Practice. Parker's biography describes how he has been with Interel for nine years and took the position of Managing Director in 2006. Parker's previous involvements include 'two years with a leading international consultancy, specialising in health and environmental policy and a leading UK law firm' (names of organisations not disclosed). His biography also states that he 'is a regular lecturer on EU affairs, is on the editorial board of a number of leading publications reporting on developments at the EU level and is a member of the Society of European Public Affairs Professionals (SEAP)'.
- Jan Van Heuverswyn - Managing Director, Specialist Services. Van Heuverswyn's biography describes how he 'heads the “Specialist Services” division of Interel which includes the Interel Training Centre (ITC), the EU Representation & Associations Management division and the International PR activities. He also continues working as a consultant on Corporate assignments'. Van Heuverswyn started his career at Agoria (the Multisector Federation for the Technology Industry) and in 1983 was appointed to the cabinet of Minister G. Geens (Minister-President of the Government of Flanders) with responsibility for international relations and economic development. He also previously served as Director of Communication for Dexia Bank and Fortis (two major Belgian financial institutions).
- Baudouin Velge - Managing Director, Interel Public Relations & Public Affairs. Velge's biography describes how he is a Member of the Board of two BEL20 companies (Bekaert and Cofinimmo) and is Member of the Advisory Board of BT Benelux. Velge was preiously CEO of the Federation of Belgian Retailers (Fedis), a Member of the Board (& Manager of the Economic Department, 1996 to 2004) of the Federation of Enterprises in Belgium VBO-FEB and of the European Federation of Retailers Eurocommerce. He also previously served as Attache of the Department of Economic Studies of the National Bank of Belgium (1983), served Philips Electronics Group between 1987 to 1991 and served as General Manager of Cobac Services Belgium and Secretary of the Board of Directors Cobac S.A. (part of the Cobac Group, now known as Euler-Hermes). He also previously served as Deputy Chairman of the Central Economic Council and Member of the Board of Directors of Ducroire/Delcredere. Velge has also served as Lecturer in Macroeconomics at the Universities of Pennsylvania, Leuven, St-Louis and EHSAL.
In January 2008, Interel list partnerships with the following 'partner networks'...
- Public Relations Organisation International (PROI)
- Alliance of European Public Affairs Consultants (AEPAC)
- Global Financial Communications Network (GFC/Net)
- AMC Institute (Association Management Company Institute)
- Blank Rome LLP (Counselors at Law)
- Interel About Accessed 15th January 2008
- Interel Facts and Figures Accessed 15th January 2008
- Hasgrove Group-Companies Accessed 15th January 2008
- Interel About - Management Accessed 15th January 2008
- Interel Jean-Leopold Accessed 15th January 2008
- Public Relations Organisation International Management Board Accessed 15th January 2008
- Interel Fredrik Accessed 15th January 2008
- Interel Bob Accessed 15th January 2008
- Interel Emmanuel Accessed 15th January 2008
- Interel Tom Accessed 15th January 2008
- Interel Jan Accessed 15th January 2008
- Interel Velge Accessed 15th January 2008
- Interel Our Networks Accessed 15th January 2008