Difference between revisions of "David Jeremy Menton"
m (BICOM category added)
Latest revision as of 10:33, 31 July 2018
David Menton is a close business associate of Poju Zabludowicz’s and a director of, and donor to, BICOM. Menton’s official CV states that he ‘spent a number of years’ at the advertising company WPP plc before joining Zabludowicz’s Tamares Capital in 2000. There he says he spent seven years ‘leading its private equity activities and developing UK investment strategy’. Menton’s role at Tamares has been described variously as ‘property advisor’, ‘investment manager’, ‘corporate affairs advisor’ and ‘communications director’. In 2007 he launched the private equity fund, Synova Capital, with his brother-in-law Philip Shapiro. The launch was backed by funds from Zabludowicz who was appointed the firm’s chairman. Synova Capital operates out of Tamares’s London office and Tamares Capital Corporation Ltd is a partner in the firm.
Menton was a campaigns organiser for the Union of Jewish Students (UJS) in the late 1990s during which time he organised campaigns ‘combating extremism’ and lobbied the Home Secretary to ban Islamist groups on campus. He attended the annual Herzliya Conference as a representative of the Zabludowicz Trust in 2003 and as a representative of Tamares in 2004, 2007 and 2009. He chaired a panel on the media at BICOM’s 2011 We Believe in Israel conference and has attended a number of fundraising dinners for BICOM and the UJIA.
- Rajeev Syal, ‘How the pro-Israel lobby in Britain benefits from a generous London tycoon’, Observer, 4 January 2009.
- Synova Capita, Who We Are, [Accessed 4 February 2014]
- Ex-Phoenix exec leads new firm to £70m first close, Real Deals, 10 December 2007.
- Charlotte Seligman, ‘College heads urge action against campus militants’, Jewish Chronicle, 10 July 1998, p.9.
- Damian Schogger, ‘Radical Muslims defy ban to spread campus propaganda’, Jewish Chronicle, 30 October 1998, p.0.