Conservative Friends of Nuclear Energy
The Conservative Friends of Nuclear Energy was set up by David Morris MP and launched at the Conservative Party Conference in October 2010.
In February 2011 CFNE co-hosted with Gardant Communications a reception in the House of Commons titled: 'The Electricity Market Reform: Implications for nuclear power generation'. According to Claire Davidson, Managing Partner of Gardant:
- in attendance were senior industry representatives including Horizon Nuclear Power, ESBI, Rolls-Royce, Centrica Energy, AMEC, Westinghouse, Doosan Babcock, OGN Group, EDF Energy and Balfour Beatty, members of both Houses of Parliament and leaders from the nuclear industry's trades unions. Interesting and provocative keynote addresses were made by the Energy Minister Charles Hendry MP and the Chair of Trade Unionists for Safe Nuclear Energy (TUSNE), Dougie Rooney.
- Charles Hendry welcomed the coming together of representatives of the Trade Union movement and the Conservative Party, and noted there was much common ground. His focus since being appointed Energy minister has been to identify, and then remove, the barriers to new nuclear power stations. New stations were "vital to energy security", he noted, and "critical for new high-value jobs".
- "A significant investment was needed in skills and this would benefit both the domestic and potential export markets", the Minister went on to say. "The industry still has many issues to address including planning and reprocessing, but the immediate focus must be on financing - hence the importance of the ongoing Electricity Market Reform (EMR) consultation." He concluded with a clear statement about the key role new nuclear stations will play in support of economic recovery and energy security.
- ...Both Charles and Dougie then spent a generous amount of their time engaging the reception attendees in lengthy and wide-ranging discussions. 
- David Morris (MP) - founder and chair
- Address: C/O David Morris MP, LA4 6DW Morecambe, United Kingdom
- Website: http://www.cfne.org.uk/
- Facebook group
- Clare Davidson, Gardant Commentary, 7 February 2011