of the INSS in a photo from the INSS website
. Accessed 9 November 2012.
Udi Dekel is a former Brig. Gen. of the Israel Defense Forces and a senior research fellow at the Institute for National Security Studies (Israel).
- 2012 - present: Joined the Institute for National Security Studies (Israel) as a senior research fellow.
- 2008 - 2009: Head of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert’s negotiation team with the Palestinians.
- 2007: Head of the Israel Defense Forces Strategic Planning Division.
- 2006: Served on a commission to update Israel's security concept and coordinated the formulation of IDF strategy.
- Pre-2006: Dekel has served as head of the foreign relations section at the General Staff. He was also head of the Research Division in Lahak, for the Israel Air Force Intelligence unit. Following the Second Lebanon War he was made head of the Israel-UN-Lebanon committee whilst also heading military committees with Egypt and Jordan. He was also head of a strategic-operative cooperation working group with the United Stated on the development of a response to the surface-to-surface missile threat and international military cooperation.
Dekel is currently a senior research fellow at the Institute for National Security Studies (Israel).