Tony Pidgley is the chairman of Berkeley Group PLC.
Pidgley left school at the age of 15 to form his own haulage and plant hire company and by the time he was 21 he sold it to Crest Homes and became a building director at the firm.
In 1975 Pidgley left the company in 1975 with the managing director of the firm, Jim Farrer, to form Berkeley Homes - became Berkeley Group PLC in 1985. Pidgeley is currently the chairman of the firm.
Letter to the Telegraph
On 1 April 2015 Pidgley was one of 103 business leaders who wrote to the Telegraph praising the British Conservative Party's economic policies and claiming a Labour government would 'threaten jobs and deter investment' in the UK.
- Donated to Boris Johnson: glass paperweight, engraved trowel worth £500, tickets to Berkeley ball.
Recorded by the Electoral Commission:
|Date||Name of donor||Amount||Donated to||Subsidiary (parties only)|
|04/04/2005||Anthony W Pidgley||£2,000.00||Conservative Party||Windsor|
|26/09/2005||Anthony W Pidgley||£300.00||Conservative Party||Windsor|
- Berkeley Group Ton Pidgley, accessed 3 April 2015.
- Peter Dominiczak, 100 business chiefs: Labour threatens Britain's recovery, Telegraph, 3 April 2015.
- The Tory 100: captains of industry, party donors (and a few tax avoiders) Guardian, 1 April 2015, accessed 3 April 2015.
- Electoral Commission, Donation Search, accessed 3 April 2015.