In the 2015 general election, Blenkinsop was re-elected with a majority of 2,268. 
Stance on fracking
Blenkinsop's constituency includes two oil and gas licence blocks, both awarded to Third Energy by the Oil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015. There are plans for one shale well and 2D and 3D seismic surveying; no applications are currently underway. 
Commenting on the Labour Party's announcement in September 2016 that it supports a national ban on fracking, Blenkinsop said:
- 'If John McDonnell really wants to be radical he should allow fracking and then tax the windfall. This would bring money in to invest in the economy and give us security over our energy supply as well.' 
Blenkinsop has an inconsistent voting record on fracking. 
- 26 January 2015: absent for a vote on making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. He was also absent for a vote on an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: voted against requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: voted against weakening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
- Joseph Blenkinsop, brother. An account manager at Bell Pottinger and a 2014 Labour Party candidate for Knightsbridge and Belgravia Ward council. Has been declared by Blenkinsop as involved in 'engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client'.
- All-Party Parliamentary Rail Group
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Science and Technology in Agriculture - Member 
- Address: Harry Tout House, 8 Wilson Street, Guisborough, TS14 6NA
- Telephone: 01287 610878
- Fax: 01287 631894
- Email: email@example.com
Web & Social media
- Tom Blenkinsop, UK Parliament, 10 September 2013.
- Tom Blenkinsop Express, accessed 19 May 2015
- Dods people, 'Arrivals, moves, departures', Civil Service World, accessed 3 November 2015
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- Jack Blanchard, Steel workers' fury as Jeremy Corbyn vows to ban fracking if Labour win election, The Mirror, 26 September 2016, accessed 23 December 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Tom Blenkinsop, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 22 December 2016.
- Parliament Publications Register of Members’ Financial Interests as at 13 July 2015, accessed 23 July 2015.
- Rail APPG,www.parliament.uk, accessed 16 November 2015
- Membership List, All-Party Parliamentary Group on Science and Technology in Agriculture, accessed 16 November 2015