Between March 2013 and February 2014 Cox was the top earning MP for outside earnings. A practicing barrister, he often charges in excess of £600 an hour for legal services and earned £397,039 in the year.
- Practice at the Bar of England and Wales
- Messrs. Janes, solicitors. Address: 17 Waterloo Place, London SW17 4AR:
- Messrs. Travers, Thorp, Alberga, Attorneys. Address: Harbour Place, 2nd Floor, 103 South Church Street, Grand Cayman.
In October 2015, Cox was forced to resign from the Parliamentary standards committee after failing to declare hundreds of hours of legal work outside of parliament on time. The MP claimed that practising law outside of his governmental duties gave him 'practical experience of a world outside politics'. 
- Jonathan Cox
- Alison Croft
- William Holloway - overseas visit 2-9 November 2015 on fact finding delegation to Israel, funded by Conservative Friends of Israel. 
- Mr Geoffrey Cox, www.parliament.co.uk, accessed 29 October 2013.
- Geoffrey Cox Express, accessed 20 May 2015
- Vincent Moss Tory MPs earn a combined £4MILLION from their lucrative jobs on the side Mirror, 30 March 2014, accessed 23 February 2015
- They Work For You, Geoffrey Cox, accessed 23 February 2015
- Dods People, 'Arrivals, moves and departures',Civil Service World, 26 October 2015, accessed 2 November 2015
- Register of interests of members' secretaries and research assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 19 April 2016
- 'Freedom Declared: Who we are', Freedom Declared website, undated, accessed 6 November 2015