Third Avenue Communications
Third Avenue Communications is a lobbying and PR consultancy based in Glasgow. Third Avenue was set up by former Labour Party MP Tom Harris and his wife in June 2015 - just two months after he lost his seat in Parliament.
Third Avenue offer the following services:
- Political strategy & messaging
- Media training
- Select committee appearances
- Media strategy
- Crisis management
- Social media strategy
- Publications (design and production)
- Tom Harris. Founder; also member of the advisor board of Reform Scotland; was Labour Party MP for 14 years (Glasgow Cathcart 2001-2005 and Glasgow South 2005-2015) where he was also shadow minister for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and parliamentary under-secretary for state for transport. Has also worked as a journalist and the chief of public relations at Strathclyde Passenger Transport.
- Carolyn Harris. Ran Tom's office during his 14 years as an MP - liaised with government departments, businesses, charities and voluntary organisations and wrote speeches and press releases. Has worked in the press office at Glasgow City Council, press and communications officer with Greater Glasgow Primary Health Care Trust and on the media and communications team at Strathclyde Police.
As of July 2015, Third Avenue do not declare their clients or staff on their website or then registers of the Association of Professional Political Consultants, Public Relations Consultants Association, UK Public Affairs Council and the Government's new Register of Consultant Lobbyists.
- Address: 50 Third Avenue,
- King's Park,
- G44 4TQ
- Website: http://thirdavenue.org.uk/
- David Singleton Ex-Labour MP Tom Harris sets up PR and lobbying shop with wife Politics, 13 July 2015, accessed 15 July 2015.
- Endole Third Avenue Communications, accessed 15 July 2015.
- Third Avenue Communications Services, accessed 15 July 2015.
- Third Avenue Communications People, accessed 15 July 2015.