Stuart Fiertz is the Co-Founder, President and Director of Research of Cheyne Capital Management (UK) LLP.
- BA, Political Science and Economics, Dartmouth College - 1980 - 1984.
- International School of Geneva - 1976 - 1980.
Licenses & Certifications
- CAIA, CAIA Association, issued March 2004.
- CFA, CFA Institute, issued June 1986.
From 1991 to 2000 and prior to establishing Cheyne Capital Management, Fiertz worked for Morgan Stanley where he was responsible for the development and implementation of customised portfolio strategies and for credit research in the convertible bond management practice. Prior to joining Morgan Stanley, Mr. Fiertz was, in chronological order, an equity research analyst for the Value Line Investment Survey from 1984 to 1986, and a high yield credit analyst in Boston at Merrill Lynch from 1986 to 1988 and in New York at Lehman Brothers from 1988 to 1990.
Affiliations as of 2019:
- Institute for Strategic Dialogue - Member of the Board of Trustees since at least 2009.
- Cheyne Captial Management - Co-Founder, President & Director of Research. 2000 - present.
- Standard Board for Alternative Investments (SBAI) - Trustee. June 2018 - present.
- Alternative Credit Council (affiliated body of AIMA) - Chairman. November 2015 - present.
- Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) - Member of the Council. March 2014 - present.
- Hedge Fund Standards Board (HFSB) - Founder. June 2008 - December 2010.