Alternative Investment Management Association
The Alternative Investment Management Association - AIMA - is the hedge fund industry's global trade association.
Representation in the European Commission
Kevin Charlton, tax director at KPMG, and Neil Oliver represent the Alternative Investment Management Association on the European Commission's Expert Group on automatic exchange of financial account information. The aim of the group is to assist the EU member states on tax laws and collecting the full amount of tax owed to them.
- Christen Thomson, Director of Communications. "Christen also works closely with AIMA’s CEO and Executive Director in engaging with policymakers and their constituents on behalf of the hedge fund industry."
- Hume Brophy's Eoin Brophy is a communications consultant to AIMA
- Former Hume Brophy staffer Wouter Baljon has also worked on AIMA matters in 2010 and 2011 .
In 2012 AIMA commissioned a report titled “The value of the hedge fund industry to investors, markets, and the broader economy” in partnership with KPMG and the Centre for Hedge Fund Research at Imperial College, London. The paper notes the substantial social benefits of hedge funds such as employing 300,000 people globally, generating £3.2 billion in UK tax revenues and their stewardship of assets for “socially valuable investors”. 
http://www.aima.org 2nd Floor, 167 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2EA
- European Commission Commission Expert Group on automatic exchange of financial account information, accessed 4 May 2015.
- AIMA website, accessed Feb 2009
- Hedge funds 'must improve look', PR Week, 3 Oct 2008
- European Parliament Lobbying Contacts Report 1st July - 31st December 2010
- Simon Lack, The Hedge Fund Lobbyists Fight Back, Business Insider, 26 April 2012