Shepherd and Wedderburn
Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP is a leading Scottish law firm.
According to The Lawyer, Shepherd and Wedderburn is the fourth largest Scottish law firm by revenue (behind Dundas and Wilson, McGrigors and Maclay, Murray and Spens, and 67th largest in the United Kingdom overall. The firm has 69 partners and 550 staff overall.
Shepherd and Wedderburn's head offices are in Edinburgh, with other offices Glasgow, London and Aberdeen.
In 2013 The Lawyermagazine's Legal 500 (Oil and Gas) list described Shepherd and Wedderburn's lawyers as 'on a par with any Magic Circle firm'.
|This article is part of the Spinwatch Fracking Portal and project|
- Celtique Energy - acting for Celtique Energy on a range of asset and procurement matters in Central Europe
- Cairn Energy - acted for Cairn Energy PLC on its sale to Vedanta Resources of up to 51% of Cairn India with a value of up to £5.65 billion and on the subsequent return by Cairn Energy of US$3.5 billion to shareholders
- Aurelian Oil & Gas -acted for Aurelian Oil & Gas in connection with its procurement activities in Central Europe
- Bowleven plc - acted for Bowleven plc on its US$500 million strategic alliance with Petrofac in respect of the Etinde Permit, offshore Cameroon
- Capricorn Energy - acted for Capricorn Energy on its simultaneously launched recommended cash offers for medOil and Plectrum Petroleum
Lobbying firms retained
- Shepherd and Wedderburn, [We’re going deeper underground - consultation on access for shale and geothermal energy beginshttps://www.shepwedd.co.uk/knowledge/we-re-going-deeper-underground-consultation-access-shale-and-geothermal-energy-begins], 29 May 2014