Santander Group is a Spanish company, the fourth largest bank in the world by profits and eighth by stock market capitalisation. It was founded in 1857.
Record and Controversies
- Isabel Tocino Biscarolasaga, an advisor and board member, was Spanish Minister for the Environment 1996-2000.
- U.K. Life Peer Lord Terence Burns, a former Chief Economic Advisor and Permanent Secretary to HM Treasury, has been a Non-executive Director of Banco Santander Central Hispano S.A. since December 2004.
- Luis Ángel Rojo, a Non-Executive Independent Director in Banco Santander S.A. since April 2005, was Governor of the Bank of Spain until 2000.
- Santander, Board Members > Lord Burns (Terence), accessed 03 February 2011.
- Santander, Board Members > Mr. Luis Ángel Rojo Duque, accessed 03 February 2011.
- Santander, Board Members > MS. ISABEL TOCINO BISCAROLASAGA, accessed 03 February 2011.