Robert Anthony Pape is an expert on suicide terrorism and is the founder of the Chicago Project on Suicide Terrorism. On 7 February 2008 Pape joined Ron Paul’s presidential campaign as a foreign policy advisor.
Noam Chomsky mentioned his work in a talk titled "War on Terror."
- There is broad agreement among specialists that al-Qaeda-style terror “is today less a product of Islamic fundamentalism than of a simple strategic goal: to compel the United States and its Western allies to withdraw combat forces from the Arabian Peninsula and other Muslim countries” (Robert Pape, who has done the major research on suicide bombers). 
- Robert Anthony Pape, Dying to win: the strategic logic of suicide terrorism (New York: Random House, 2005)
- Robert Anthony Pape, Bombing to win : air power and coercion in war (Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell University Press, 1996)
- The University of Chicago Website, Robert Pape (Last Accessed 13th February 2008)
- Conversations with History, The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism, 16th February 2006 (Last Accessed 13th February 2008)
- Robert Pape, Neocon Wars scene (Last Accessed 13th February 2008)
- Robert A. Pape, The Logic of Suicide Terrorism: It’s the occupation, not the fundamentalism, The American Conservative, 18 July 2005
- Suicide Terrorism Expert Professor Robert Pape Named Ron Paul 2008 Foreign Policy Advisor (Accessed: 12 February 2008)
- Noam Chomsky, War on Terror, Amnesty International Annual Lecture Hosted by Trinity College, 18th January 2006 (Accessed: 13 February 2008)