From the Cayman Finance website:
- Mr. Coles is an experienced lawyer both in England and in the Cayman Islands, being a Solicitor admitted in England, a Cayman Islands Attorney-at-law and Notary Public. He was for 6 years the Attorney General for the Cayman Islands, a Member of the Cabinet and Legislative Assembly and a Government Minister having been appointed to that position on the recommendation of the British Government. He was also acting Governor of the Cayman Islands. Prior to that appointment he was the founding partner of a substantial firm of solicitors with offices in England. He has now reverted to private practice in Grand Cayman and is a non-executive director of a number of Mutual Funds, Structured Finance Vehicles and Investment and Financial Sector companies. Mr. Coles studied at the College of Law in London and is a Fellow of the Caribbean Law Institute.
- member of the Law Society of England
- member of the Commonwealth Lawyers Association
- member of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association
- member of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies in London.
- Freeman of the City of London
- Directors, Cayman Finance, accessed 11 October 2011]