Reckitt Benckiser are the producer of a range of household items including Nurofen Painkillers, Finish, Vanish, Calgon, Harpic, Strepsils, Lysol, Dettol, Woolite, Gaviscon, Mortein, Mucinex, Clearasil, French's Mustard, Airwick, Harpic, Cillit Bang and Veet.
- Burson-Marsteller UK Client 2004
- Nexus Communications Group Limited, 2004
- Innovex 2008
- APCO Worldwide, from September 2014
Board of Directors
- Bart Becht Age 51. Joined the Board in 1999 on his appointment as Chief Executive Officer of the Company. He was Chief Executive Officer of Benckiser Detergents, subsequently Benckiser NV since 1995 and Chairman of Benckiser's Management Board from May 1999.
- Adrian Bellamy Age 65. Adrian Bellamy has served as a Non-Executive Chairman of Reckitt Benckiser Group plc since 2003, having served four years as a Non-Executive Director. Born in England, educated in Southern Rhodesia and graduated from University of South Africa with B. Com and MBA degrees. Following an early career in finance, moved into retail in the late-60's. After 7 years as CEO of a public company, he emigrated to the USA to become Chairman & CEO of a private retailer. In 1995, he retired from executive management. Current directorships are: Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (Chairman), The Body Shop (Executive Chairman), The Gap, Williams-Sonoma Inc.
- Colin Day Age 52. Joined Reckitt Benckiser in September 2000 from Aegis Group Plc where he was Group Finance Director from 1995. He is a Non-Executive Director of WPP and Imperial Tobacco.
- Peter Harf Age 61. In 1999, appointed Deputy Chairman of the Board of Reckitt Benckiser and former Chairman of the Remuneration Committee Current directorships are: Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Joh. A. Benckiser GmbH, a German financial holdings company. Since 1988, Chairman of the Board of Coty Inc., Benckiser's U.S.-based international cosmetics business, since 1993; and Chief Executive Officer of Coty Inc. From 1993 to 2001 Director of Brunswick, a U.S.-based maker of recreational products. Since 1996, Director of InBev (formerly Interbrew), Leuven, Belgium, since 2002.
- Ken Hydon Age 63. In 2003, Ken Hydon was appointed as a Non-Executive Director of Reckitt Benckiser Group plc and member of the Audit Committee. He was appointed Chairman of the Audit Committee in November 2006. He joined Vodafone as Financial Director in 1985 and has played a significant role in its rapid growth with operations in 26 countries worldwide. Ken Hydon is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants and the Association of Corporate Treasurers. He is a Non-Executive Director of Tesco plc, the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust and Pearson plc.
- Graham Mackay Age 55. In February 2005, Graham Mackay was appointed to the Board of Reckitt Benckiser Group plc as a Non-Executive Director and member of the Remuneration Committee. In November 2006, he was appointed as the Senior Independent Director. He joined South African Breweries (SAB) in 1978 as a Systems Manager. Following a number of senior positions, he was appointed Chief Executive in 1999, overseeing the company's relisting as SABMiller plc on the London Stock Exchange in the same year. SABMiller plc is one of the world's largest brewers operating in over 40 countries across 4 continents. Brought up in Swaziland, Natal and Zimbabwe, Graham graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand with a BSc in Engineering in 1972 and a Bcom from the University of South Africa (UNISA) in 1977. Current UK directorships are: Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (Non-Executive Director), SABMiller plc (Chief Executive)
- Gerry Murphy Age 49 Joined the Board in June 2005. Chief Executive Officer, Kingfisher plc since February 2003. He has previously been Chief Executive Officer of media group Carlton Communications plc, global logistics firm Exel plc (formerly NFC plc) and food manufacturer Greencore Group plc. He has held various senior positions with food and drink group Grand Metropolitan plc (now Diageo plc) in Ireland, the UK and USA. He is a former Non-Executive Director of Abbey National plc and Novar plc. He was educated at University College Cork (BSc, PhD in Food Technology) and University College Dublin (MBS in Marketing).
- Judith Sprieser. Age 54. Judith Sprieser was appointed to the Board of Reckitt Benckiser Group plc and Chairman of the Remuneration Committee In August 2003. From September 2000 to February 2004, she was Chief Executive Officer of Transora, a technology software and services company. From March 2004, she moved into an advisory capacity with Transora. Judith also served as Executive Vice President of Sara Lee Corporation from 1998 to 2000 and Chief Financial Officer from 1994 to 1998. Judith has a bachelor's degree and an MBA from Northwestern University. Current directorships are: Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (Non-Executive Director), Allstate Corporate (Non-Executive Director), USG Corporation (Non Executive Director).
- Peter White Age 65. In December 1997, Peter White was appointed as a Non-Executive Director of Reckitt Benckiser Group plc and served as Chairman of the Audit Committee until November 2006. From October 1985, he held various senior positions within the Alliance & Leicester Building and was appointed Group Chief Executive in 1991. From 1969 to 1982 he held various positions within the Finance function at the Abbey National Building Society. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Price Waterhouse. FCA - Fellow, The Institute of Chartered Accountants (1985), FCT - Member, The Association of Corporate Treasurers (1991), CIMgt - Companion, British Institute of Management (1993), FCIB - Fellow, Chartered Institute of Bankers (1993)
- David Tyler Age 54. In February 2007, David Tyler was appointed to the Board of Reckitt Benckiser Group plc as a Non-Executive Director. David was Group Finance Director of GUS plc from February 1997 until October 2006. In addition to his financial role at GUS plc, he was responsible for the development of group strategy. Prior to joining GUS plc, he was Group Finance Director of Christie's International plc and in his early career he held positions within County NatWest Ltd and Unilever plc. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and a Member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers. He is currently a non-executive director of Burberry Group and Experian Group.
- BBC News, Over-the-counter drug use concern, BBC News, 3-May-2007, Accessed 04-February-2010
- Products Around the Home, Products Around The Home, Reckitt Benckiser, Accessed 04-February-2010
- Innovex Our Customers Accessed 12th February 2008
- Register 1st September 2014 - 30th November 2014 APPC, accessed 28 January 2015
- Reckitt Benckiser Board of Directors, accessed 1 December 2007