He was previously the Member of Parliament for Warley, West.
He held the post of Solicitor General from 7 March 1974 to 4 May 1979.
- Labour First
- Labour Friends of Israel
- One World Trust
- British Parliamentary Committee for Iran Freedom - Chair
- Intelligence and Security Committee of the UK Parliament - Member
- Tam Dalyell, Lord Archer of Sandwell: Politician who became a leading human rights campaigner, The Independent, 16 June 2012.
- Lord Archer, To remove PMOI from the terrorism list would make the world a safer place
- Deceased Lords, parliament.co.uk, accessed 16 June 2012
- BPCIF, "1300 British Lawyers Call for Removal of Unjust Terror Tag from Iranian Mojahedin", British Parliamentary Committee for Iran Freedom, November 2005, accessed on 21 December 2010