Parliamentary Committee for the release of Soviet Jewry
The Parliamentary Committee for the release of Soviet Jewry was established in 1970 or 1971 by Greville Janner. It was part of a widespread movement which encouraged the release of victims of anti-semitism in the Soviet Union to Israel.
The following MPs visited a Brussels conference on behalf of the Committee in 1974
In 1982 Ivan Lawrence declared 'several visits to Europe' on behalf of the group and in 1984 David Sumberg declares a visit to Moscow on behalf of the group from 28 May 1984 - 5 June 1984. The group was still active when the Soviet Union collapsed. Brando Bravo declares a visit to St. Petersburg in October 1991 sponsored by the group. Patrick Cormack is also a former Chairman.
- Simonetta Della Secca, Soviet Jewry, American Jewish Committee, Accessed 28-May-2009
- 1975-76 (284) Register of Members' Interests as on 26th May, 1976~:
- 1982/83 HC 172 House of Commons: Register of Members Interests on 17 January 1983
- 1984/85 HC 197 Register of members interests on 9 January 1985
- 1991/92 HC 170 House of Commons: Register of Members interests at 13 January 1992
- Conseravtive Party website, Sir Patrick Cormack