Oil and Gas UK
Oil & Gas UK is the lead lobbying group for the UK offshore oil industry. It was set up 2007.
Calling itself the "voice of the UK offshore industry" Oil & Gas UK states that "influencing governments and policy makers is an important part of Oil & Gas UK’s day to day work." It provides ongoing support for the Oil and Gas Groups at Holyrood and Westminster. 
According to its website:
- Membership is open to all companies active in the UK continental shelf, from super majors to large contractor businesses and from independent oil companies to SMEs working in the supply chain.
It is run on a non-profit basis.
Meetings with ministers
According to the Guardian, between 2010 and 2014 Oil & Gas UK and fossil fuel companies ExxonMobil, BP, Shell, Total, ConocoPhillips and Chevron had at least 230 meetings with ministers. This figure is a significantly higher number than meetings with renewable energy companies and their campaign groups - with Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth having just 67 meetings between them.
- British Offshore Oil and Gas Industry All-Party Parliamentary Group. Oil & Gas provides administrative support for the group and pays for the group’s annual reception. The UK Petroleum Industry Association provides administrative support for meetings about refineries. 
- Oil and Gas Cross Party Group 
- Member of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Unconventional Oil and Gas (which is run by lobbying and PR firm Hill and Knowlton). 
- Malcolm Webb, is chief executive
- Derek Leith, tax partner at Ernst & Young Scotland is a member of the Oil and Gas UK (OGUK) taskforce responsible for making representations to the UK Government on behalf of the industry
Contact, Resources and Notes
- 6th Floor East
- Portland House
- Bressenden Place
- London SW1E 5BH
- United Kingdom
- Phone:020 7802 2400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Government Relations, Oil & Gas UK website, undated, acc 27 February 2013
- Rob Evans, Helena Bengtsson, Damian Carrington and Emma Howard Shell and BP alone eclipse renewable energy sector on access to ministers Guardian, 28 April 2015, accessed 29 April 2015.
- Register 1st September 2014 - 30th November 2014 APPC, accessed 29 January 2015
- Register Of All-Party Groups [as at 1 February 2013 www.parliament.uk, accessed 27 February 2013
- Oil and Gas, The Scottish Parliament, acc 27 February 2013
- Associate members listwww.appgunconventionaloilandgas.com, accessed 22 October 2015