Neoconservative Chronology 2001
- 20 Inauguration of US President George W. Bush.
- 2 BBC documentary Saddam's Bomb by Gwynne Roberts suggests Iraq may have developed nuclear weapons.
- 11 World Trade Center/Pentagon attacks
- Office of Strategic Influence created
- 10 Beginning of a series of meetings in a Rome apartment organised by Michael Ledeen, involving Harold Rhode, Larry Franklin, Manucher Ghorbanifar another Iranian exile, and an Iranian Revolutionary Guards official.
- 13 Ledeen's Rome meetings conclude.