Mary Jo Jacobi
Mary Jo Jacobi is a businesswoman and a former presidental aide to Ronald Reagan and George H W Bush. She was appointed to the board of the UK Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (ACOBA) in May 2012 and is a non-executive director of the engineering multinational Weir Group plc. 
According to her biography on the ACOBA website in November 2012:
- Jacobi has held senior roles in the banking and financial services industry at HSBC (1993-2000), Lehman Brothers (2000-2001) and Drexel Burnham Lambert (1985-1990). She has also worked in the global oil and gas industry, notably as Vice President, Group External Affairs at Royal Dutch Shell (2001-2005) and as Executive Vice President at BP America following the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill (2010-2011). She was also a Non-executive Director of Tate and Lyle plc (1998-2004). Mary Jo was formerly an aide to President Ronald Reagan, joining his administration in 1981 and serving as Special Assistant for Business Liaison from 1983-1985. She resumed US government service when President George H W Bush appointed her Assistant Secretary of Commerce of the United States (1992-1993). From 2005-2010 she was a Civil Service Commissioner in Great Britain.
- Currently, Mary Jo is a consultant on business strategy and communications and is a Non-Executive Director of Mulvaney Capital Management. She has been a Visiting Fellow of the Leeds University Business School since 2004 and of the Oxford University Centre for Corporate Reputation since 2009. She is a Fellow of the RSA and a member of the Royal Institution, the Worshipful Company of International Bankers and the FCO’s Wilton Park Advisory Council.
Her Register of Interests section on ACOBA's webpage remains empty more than two years after she was appointed.
- Patrick Jephson - husband and freelance writer/author
- Chair The idm Group 
- She is a Senior Associate of The Leadership Council and holds several advisory and consultancy roles in the not for profit sector.
- Directorate change, The Weir Group website, 10 December 2013 announcing appointment date as 1 January 2014, accessed 16 June 2014
- Mary Jo Jacobi, ACOBA website, undated, accessed November 2012 and 16 June 2014. Entry states 'Register of Interests to follow'.
- The idm Group, Facebook, undated, acc 14 November 2012