Martin Ricketts is Dean of the School of Humanities and Professor of Economic Organisation at the University of Buckingham. He graduated from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne and has a DPhil from the University of York. He has published in professional journals on the theory of the firm, aspects of public finance and housing policy. Between 1970 and 1972 he worked as a Research Economist for John Jewkes, former president of the Mont Pelerin Society.
As an economic adviser he has worked for organisations such as the Anglo-German Foundation, the Civil Engineering Contractors and the Centre for Policy Studies. He masterminded the IEA's major Survey of Economists' Attitudes to technical and policy questions.
- Chairman of the International Advisory Council, University of Buckingham
- Industrial Policy Group, research assistant, 1970-1972
- Institute of Social and Economic Research, research fellow, 1975-1977
- National Economic Development Office, Econonic Editor, l991-1992
- Institute of Economic Affairs, managing trustee