Mark Whittet has held a succession of post in PR, journalism and lobbying. He was the partner of Julia Clarke(current status unclear).
- Mark Whittet to account executive, MCC Public Relations, 1986
- Journalist Sunday Times 1987
- Journalist The Times, 1988-9.
- Journalist Sunday Times, 1989-1991
- Journalist The Independent 1991-2
- Journalist The Herald, 1992-1995
- Scottish Nuclear (part of British Energy, 1995-1997
- publisher of MacNEWS - a planning tool for the media and PR industries in Scotland, 1998.
- Holyrood Strategy Scotland, 1998-2000
- Director of Drinksnet
- Journalist with The Herald 2001
- Whittet was formerly head of the financial comms division at Beattie Media, 2001-2.
- communications manager at Scottish Life International, from April 2002
- Advances: PR Campaign August 15, 1986
- The Times (London) June 28 1987, Sunday GUILTY! until proven innocent: A special Sunday Times investigation reveals the facts behind the Cleveland child abuse crisis BYLINE: BRIAN DEER and TIM RAYMENT, SECTION: Issue 8499.
- The Herald (Glasgow) January 10, 1998 The internet now offers us the potential to exercise instant votes in virtual referendums BYLINE: Mark Whittet SECTION: Pg. 17
- 288a Appointment of director or secretary, SC187715 Holyrood Strategy (Scotland) Limited, dated 29 May 2000
- PR Week (UK) April 5, 2002 STOP PRESS: Appointments at Scottish Life International; Mark Whittet and Debbie Storm join Edinburgh communications team; Brief Article SECTION: Pg. 02 ISSN: 0267-6087
- International Money Marketing December 10, 2002 Great expectations from effective IHT planning, SECTION: Pg. 28