The Lexington Institute is a conservative policy institute that advocates limited government and strong libertarian principles. It takes a generally favourable view of military spending.
According to the Bridge Project (the successor to Media Transparency) the Institute received donations from the Armstrong Foundation, F M Kirby Foundation, Hickory Foundation, Jaquelin Hume Foundation, Smith Richardson Foundation and William H Donner Foundation between 1998 and 2012. 
- Rightweb Lexington Institute
- Rightweb Lexington Institute. Accessed 26 January 2014.
- Cited in Rightweb Lexington Institute. Original source: Media Matters Action Network, Conservative Transparency: Lexington Institute.
- Bridge Project Conservative Transparency: Lexington Institute. Retrieved from the Internet Archive of 26 January 2014 on 26 January 2014.
- Stuart Family Foundation Form 990, 2011, Accessed 25 January 2014.