Dromey joined the Involvement and Participation Association in 2012, having previously worked as a senior policy officer at the London Borough of Newham, an employment advisor at Ingeus and a researcher for an MP.
In 2012, there were strong reports that Dromey was devoting a lot of time in the Labour safe seat of Lewisham Deptford where Joan Ruddock, the MP at the time, was 68 years old. In the end Vicky Foxcroft got the nod for the seat and held it comfortably.
In 2015 Harman and Dromey caused controversy by failing to declare that their son is involved in lobbying the public sector.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Involvement and Participation Association IPA People, accessed 23 July 2015.
- Linkedin Joseph Dromey, accessed 23 July 2015.
- Andy McSmith New New Labour for children of the Blair years Independent, 27 September 2012, accessed 23 July 2015.
- BBC News Lewisham Deptford constituency, accessed 23 July 2015.
- David Singleton MPs' family lobbying links revealed... but Amber Rudd fails to come clean Total Politics, 22 July 2015, accessed 23 July 2015.