Ivan Rogers (born 1960) is a senior UK diplomat, who was appointed UK Permanent Representative to EU in 2013.
He has formerly been the Prime Minister's Adviser for Europe and Global Issues and the Head of the European and Global Issues secretariat, based in the Prime Minister's Office at Number 10 Downing Street, Principal Private Secretary to former Prime Minister Tony Blair from 2003 until 2006. and headed Barclays Capital's Public Sector Industry Group from 2010-11.
Rogers' appointment followed Sir Jon Cunliffe’s move to become the UK’s Permanent Representative to the European Union from January 2012. His appointment was approved by the Prime Minister.
- Ivan Rogers’ previous role was Head of the Public Sector Industry Group, UK and Ireland at Barclays Capital from 2010 to 2011. Before this he was Head of the UK Public Sector Group at Citigroup from 2006 to 2010. Ivan was Principal Private Secretary to the Prime Minister from 2003 to 2006 where he was UK G8 Sherpa for 2004 and the first quarter of 2006. From 1999 to 2003 he was firstly, Director of EU Policy and Strategy and then Director of Budget and Tax Policy at HM Treasury. This was preceded by a spell as Chief of Staff to the Vice President of the European Commission from 1996 to 1999.
- Barclays Capital
- Citigroup, July 2006. Approved by ACOBA "subject to a waiting period of three months from his last day in post and the condition that, for 12 months from the same date, he should not be involved personally in lobbying"
- HM Treasury
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) - was non-executive board member from June 2009 - January 2012. Mark Neale, FSCS chief executive said Rogers had "contributed hugely" to the organisation. "I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for all his efforts and advice in shaping the FSCS's direction over the past years and wish him luck in his new role."
- Ewa Krukowska and Nidaa Bakhsh U.K. Lobbied in Brussels to Halt EU Legislation on Shale Gas, Bloomberg, 15 Jan 2014
- Ivan Rogers Gov.UK, accessed 13 November 2014
- 10 Downing Street, Senior Adviser appointed, Press release dated 12 October 2011
- Ninth Report 2006-2008 Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, accessed 13 November 2014
- Alasdair Pal, Number 10 poaches FSCS board member, IFAonline, 2 November 2011, acc 22 October 2012