International Hospitals Group
International Hospitals Group (IHG) is a healthcase service company based in Buckinghamshire, England and founded in 1978. It is part of the International Group which operates in a number of industries globally.
According to its website IHG has 'successfully completed over 450 healthcare projects in 49 countries for private and public sector clients including 22 national governments, the United Nations, the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation'.
IHG's first healthcare project was in 1979 with the Presidential Court of Abu Dhabi. The ruler of Abu Dhabi, at that time Sheik Zayed, asked his nephew Sheik Suroor to establish a National Health Service in Abu Dhabi. IHG assisted them in this project by providing circa 70 healthcare experts who lived in Abu Dhabi for eight years.
In 1980 the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Arabian National Guard (SANG) wanted to appoint, under a government (Saudi) to government (UK) contract, an international healthcare company to work with them on their brand new 500 bed King Khalid Hospital (KKH) in Jeddah. IHG worked with the SANG and recruited around 2,000 IHG staff to work at the KKH to train, educate and manage current staff. The contract with SANG was renewed every three years and ended in 1993.
The countries IHG list as having worked in - although some have not been declared due to confidentiality agreements - include: Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Botswana, England, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Libya, Macau, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Yemen
- Former Tory minister Mark Simmonds was appointed adviser in 2015. Conservative MP from 2001 to 2015, former shadow minister for health, education, foreign and commonwealth affairs, and international development and parliamentary under-secretary foreign and commonwealth office. Resigned from parliament saying he could not live on his wage of £89,000.
Recorded by the Electoral Commission:
|Date||Name of donor||Amount||Donated to||Subsidiary (parties only)|
|14/03/2014||International Hospitals Group Ltd||£20,000.00||Conservative Middle East Council|
|09/06/2014||International Hospitals Group Ltd||£5,000.00||Conservative Middle East Council|
|22/08/2014||International Hospitals Group Ltd||£7,500.00||Conservative Party||Central party|
|22/08/2014||International Hospitals Group Ltd||£5,000||Conservative Party||Beaconsfield|
- Address: UK Head Office,
- Penn House,
- 22 Station Road,
- Gerrards Cross,
- SL9 8EL
- Phone: +44 (0) 1753 895777
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.ihg.co.uk/
- International Hospitals Group Home, accessed 18 May 2015.
- International Hospitals Group History, accessed 18 May 2015.
- International Hospitals Group Experience, accessed 18 May 2015.
- Rajeev Syal Tory minister who could not survive on salary takes role with private health firm Guardian, 14 May 2015, accessed 18 May 2015.
- Electoral Commission Search: 'International Hospitals Group', accessed 18 May 2015.