Iain Murray is Vice President for Strategy at the right wing think tank the Competitive Enterprise Institute, one of the world’s leading sceptical voices on climate change. He is also a Visiting Fellow of the Adam Smith Institute, the London libertarian think tank.
- Murray is the author of the best-selling book on environmental policy, "The Really Inconvenient Truths," and specializes in energy, environment, finance, trade, and science and technology policy. He is also an expert on the role of government, the EU and the UK, and the role of liberty in political thought.
- He writes regularly for print and online sources, his CEI articles having appeared in The New York Post, Investors Business Daily, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Examiner and many other newspapers. He has appeared on Fox News, CNN Headline News, the BBC and Al-Jazeera among other broadcast appearances. He has also given testimony to the US Senate. A veteran blogger, Mr. Murray contributes to National Review Online's Corner and Planet Gore blogs, and CEI's own OpenMarket. He also has a regular column on the Washington Examiner's Opinion Zone site.
- Before coming to CEI, Mr. Murray was Senior Analyst and then Director of Research at the Statistical Assessment Service, a nonpartisan nonprofit that looked at how scientific and statistical information were used or misused by the media and policy-makers.
- Originally from the United Kingdom, Mr. Murray immigrated to the US in 1997, after having worked at the British Department of Transport, advising Ministers on railroad privatization, the role of private finance in infrastructure investment and the role of transportation in the economic development of London.
- Competitive Enterprise Institute, Iain Murray, accessed 2 May 2011