Grupo de Estudios Estratégicos
Founded in 1987, the Grupo de Estudios Estratégicos(GEES), known in English as the Strategic Studies Group, is a Spanish think tank based in Madrid.
The Group's primary objective is to advise Spanish officials on foreign affairs and defense-related topics. It also aims to influence the domestic debate on strategic and international affairs.
GEES claims to provide "common-sense insights from a conservative, center-right perspective."
- We are strong believers in the transatlantic alliance, and we strive to defend and improve the institutions of Western freedom and democratic capitalism, such as limited government, private enterprise, individual liberty and responsibility, and a strong defense.
The group's fundraising pitch reflects its right-wing credentials:
- Moreover, our commitment to Europe’s Judeo-Christian heritage, and our unwavering support for the State of Israel, have complicated our fundraising efforts on a highly secularized European continent that denies its spiritual roots and increasingly questions Israel’s right to exist.
- Rafael L. Bardají - founder
- Oscar Elía Mañú - analyst
- Florentino Portero - analyst
- Soeren Kern - fellow