Energy Networks Association
The Energy Networks Association (ENA) "represents the ‘wires and pipes’ transmission and distribution network operators for gas and electricity in the UK and Ireland". Its members "control and maintain the national infrastructure that delivers these vital services into homes and businesses."
It aims to "influence decision-makers" on issues including:
- Regulation and the wider representation in UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe.
- Cost-efficient engineering services and related businesses for the benefit of members.
- Safety, health and environment across the gas and electricity industries.
The ENA's 2010 Annual Report detailed some of its political lobbying for that year. It said that the orgaisation hosted a "private dinner" for the then Shadow Energy Minister, Charles Hendry MP, who later returned as "to make his first speech as Energy Minister" at an ENA reception in the House of Commons.
At another event in Cardiff, the Welsh Energy Minister Jane Davidson AM spoke, and guests included the Leader of the Welsh Conservatives and the Plaid Cymru energy spokesperson.
Later in the year, Charles Hendry MP spoke at the launch of an ENA report on the future of gas, "reinforcing his belief in its ongoing role within the UK energy mix".
The ENA's executive team is:
- David Smith, Chief Executive
- Alison Heath, Director of Corporate Services and Company Secretary
- Tony Glover, Director of Policy
- Tim Field, head of press and public affairs, joined 2010
ENA member companies are Bord Gáis Éireann Networks | Electricity North West | Inexus | GTC | National Grid | Northern Gas Networks | Northern Ireland Electricity | Northern Powergrid | Scotia Gas Networks | Scottish and Southern Energy | Scottish Power Energy Networks | Wales & West | Western Power Distribution | UK Power Networks
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Combating Metal Theft - ENA acts as the group's secretariat. The group includes "non-parliamentary membership from amongst the affected sectors and wider affected community". 
- Who we are and what we do, ENA website, undated, accessed 13 November 2012
- Our members, Eurelectric website, undated, accessed 13 November 2012
- ENA, ENA Annual Review 2010, ENA website, 2010
- Register 1st September 2014 - 30th November 2014 APPC, accessed 23 February 2015
- ENA, Staff, ENA website, undated, accessed 13 November 2012
- Membership overview, ENA website, undated, accessed 13 November 2012
- REGISTER OF ALL-PARTY GROUPS (As at 23 December 2011)