As special adviser to Cable, Walch was paid an annual salary of £60,000. 
In September 2015, she took up the role of executive director for external relations at the British Bankers' Association. On the appointment, Walch said:
- 'I am delighted to be joining the BBA at such an interesting time for the industry. The banking sector has gone through some fundamental reforms in the last few years and the fast pace of innovation promises much more for customers. I’m really looking forward to working with our excellent team here to help the public and policy makers understand how things have changed as well as how we will take on the challenges of the future.' 
She also worked as head of office for Menzies Campbell, Leader of the Liberal Democrats (2005-6); as welsh policy adviser for the Liberal Democrats (2005). She began her career as a parliamentary researcher in 2003. 
Walch holds an MPhil in European Studies from the University of Cambridge (2003) and a BA Hons in History of Art from the University of Warwick (2002).
- Special advisers in post, 30 November 2014 GOV.UK, accessed 29 April 2015
- Sam Burne James, Banking body BBA gets former Vince Cable spad Walch as external relations chief, PRWeek, 7 September 2015, accessed 2 December 2016.
- The Week in Lobbying, pr.week, 8 March 2012 accessed 21 March 2012
- Emily Walch University of Cambridge, accessed 16 October 2014