David Alton has been a Liberal Democrat Peer as Baron Alton of Liverpool, of Mossley Hill, since 1997.
He is the director of Liverpool John Moores University. Foundation for Citizenship. 
- One of the founders of the UK House of Commons All-Party Parliamentary Pro-Life Group. According to the Register of Interests, he receives occasional research assistance provided by the Group
- Trustee, Chesterton Institute
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Egypt - Vice-chair
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Sudan and South Sudan - Vice-chair 
- Board Member, Institute for Religion and Public Policy (Washington DC)
- Trustee, Pyongyang University of Science and Technology, North Korea
- Advisory Committee, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Foundation Governor, Liverpool Bluecoat School
- Governor, Stonyhurst College
- ↑ Lord Alton of Liverpool, parliament.uk, 4 January 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Lord Alton of Liverpool, http://www.parliament.uk/, acc 19 March 2012
- ↑ 'Freedom Declared: Who we are', Freedom Declared website, undated, accessed 6 November 2015
- ↑ Egypt APPG, www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 November 2015
- ↑ Sudan APPG, www.parliament.uk, accessed 18 November 2015