Booz Allen Hamilton
The New York Times reported in June 2013 that $1.3bn of the firm's revenue comes from intelligence contracts. The firm's most recent financial report boasts that 70% of its 25,000 employees hold a government security clearance, “of which 49% were top secret or higher”.
Booz Allen and ODNI
in 2004, Booz Allen senior vice president R. James Woolsey called for the creation of a new position of Director of National Intelligence. As of 2013, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) has been headed by former Booz Allen executives for five out of its eight years of existence.
- Website http://www.boozallen.com/
- Booz Allen Not An Independent Check On SWIFT Surveillance, American Civil Liberties Union and Privacy International, 14 September 2006.
- Robert O'Harrow, Jr., Costs Skyrocket As DHS Runs Up No-Bid Contracts, Washington Post, 28 June 2007.
- About, Booz Allen Hamilton, accessed 10 December 2009.
- Spencer Ackerman, Snowden leak shines light on US intelligence agencies' use of contractors, The Guardian, 10 June 2013 20.21 BST
- Pratap Chatterjee, Edward Snowden and the National Security Industrial Complex, CorpWatch, 17 June 2013.
- Julian Borger, Booz Allen Hamilton: Edward Snowden's US contracting firm, 9 June 2013, acc 12 June 2013