Anna Soubry is the UK minister of state for business and enterprise at the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills, and has been the Conservative Party MP for Broxtowe since 2010. In the 2015 general election she retained her seat with a majority of 4,287.  She is the former minister of state for defence personnel, welfare and veterans.
In September 2012, Soubry was appointed as parliamentary under-secretary of state at the Department of Health. Just over a year later, she was appointed parliamentary under-secretary at the Ministry of Defence (MOD). and then promoted to minister of state in the July 2014 reshuffle.
Let's get fracking now
Soubry's constituency includes two oil and gas licence blocks, both awarded to companies by the Oil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015. One of these went to Egdon and the other to Warwick Energy. There are plans for one shale well and to conduct 2D and 3D seismic surveying, but no applications are currently underway. 
Soubry has voted both for and against increasing regulations on fracking. 
- 26 January 2015: voted against making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. He voted against an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: voted in favour of requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: voted in favour of weakening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
She studied law at Birmingham University and went on to train as a barrister. Soubry worked at Grampian TV in Aberdeen as a reporter and presenter on North Tonight and at Central TV as a reporter on Central News East. She also worked as a criminal barrister in Nottingham and practised until becoming an MP. 
Special advisers and aides
- ITV News Anna Soubry appointed Minister for Small Business, 11 May 2015, accessed 11 May 2015.
- Anna Soubry Express, accessed 19 May 2015
- Junior Ministerial reshuffle rolling blog, ConservativeHome, 4 September 2012.
- Ministerial appointments: 7 October 2013, Prime Minister's Office, 7 October 2013.
- Ministerial appointments: July 2014, Prime Minister's Office, 15 July 2014.
- Anna Soubry GOV.UK, accessed 10 October 2014
- Anna Soubry MP says fracking is 'a good idea', BBC News, 2 February 2016, accessed 1 December 2016.
- David Williamson, Steel minister warns of 'a time of great difficulty with profound consequences for our economy', WalesOnline, 6 July 2016, accessed 1 December 2016.
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Anna Soubry, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 1 December 2016.