MacNeil was re-elected in May 2015 in the UK general election with a majority vote of 4,102, increasing his majority share to 54 per cent. 
In June 2015 he was chosen as chair of the House of Commons Energy and Climate Change Select Committee.
Register of interests
- Name of donor: The European Azerbaijan Society
- Address of donor: 2 Queen Anne’s Gate, London SW1H 9AA
- Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, £3,700, hotel accommodation, £500; total cost £4,200
- Destination of visit: Baku and Ganja, Azerbaijan
- Date of visit: 31 May-6 June 2013
- Purpose of visit: as part of a delegation from the APPG for Azerbaijan, to meet with political and parliamentary figures including the President of the Republic, local business people; representatives of international organizations based in Azerbaijan; displaced peoples from the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh and representatives of human rights groups; to attend the Caspian Oil and Gas Conference.
(Registered 30 July 2013)
- Former member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for European Reform
- Member, All-Party Parliamentary Group on Water Safety and Drowning Prevention
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Azerbaijan - Vice-chair 
- All-Party Parliamentary China Group - Vice-chair
- All-Party Parliamentary Channel Islands Group - Vice-chair
- Parliamentary Space Committee (An All-Party Parliamentary Group) - Vice-chair 
- Mr Angus Brendan MacNeil, www.parliament.uk, accessed 16 May 2013.
- Angus MacNeil Election Results, parliament.uk, accessed 12 November 2015
- 'Water and Safety and Drowning Prevention Register',parliament.uk, accessed 11 November 2015
- Azerbaijan APPG Register, parliament.uk, accessed 11 November 2015
- China APPG, www.parliament.uk', accessed 23 November 2015 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "November" defined multiple times with different content
- Space APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 February 2016