Andy Sawford was the Labour Party Member of Parliament (MP) for Corby from November 2012 to 2015.
Sawford was elected a by-election caused by the Conservative Party's Louise Mensch standing down as MP to move to New York to be with her husband. Sawford won the seat with a majority of 7,791 votes. In 2015 general election Sawford lost his seat to the Conservative Party's Tom Pursglove by 2,412 votes.
He was appointed a Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) in 2013.
- BBC News Louise Mensch to quit as an MP, triggering Corby by-election, 6 August 2012, accessed 22 May 2015.
- BBC News By-elections: Labour takes Corby from Conservatives, 16 November 2012, accessed 22 May 2015.
- BBC News Corby, accessed 22 May 2015.
- David Singleton Ex-Labour MP Andy Sawford heads back to old lobbying firm Total Politics, 15 June 2015, accessed 15 June 2015.
- Andy Sawford, www.parliament.uk, accessed 21 November 2013.
- Sarah Priddy, PIL: Current Members Related to Other Current or Former Members - Commons Library Standard Note, 13 September 2013.