All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Technology
The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Technology (APPGFT) was formed to:
- raise awareness in Parliament of the growing importance of Fin Tech (Financial Technology) to the UK economy, to policy-making and consumers; to promote a regulatory framework that encourages a growing, inclusive and competitive FinTech Industry; to investigate the potential applications of FinTech including peer-to-peer lending, crowdfunding, digital currencies, internet banking. 
The APPGFT is the first all-party parliamentary group of its kind, and was set up after the 2015 general election.
Officers Feb and March 2016
- Chair: Adam Afriyie - Conservative Party
- Vice-Chair: Chi Onwurah - Labour
- Vice-Chair: Nick Hurd - Conservative Party
- Vice-Chair: Lord Christopher Holmes of Richmond - Conservative Party
- Vice-Chair: Gavin Robinson - Democratic Unionist Party
- Secretary: Mark Field - Conservative Party
Innovate Finance acts as the group's secretariat, helping to organise meetings and events, and day- to-day administrative tasks.
The register of All-Party Parliamentary Groups names Dan Morgan as the public enquiry point for the group.
Address: Innovate Finance, Level 39, 1 Canada Square, London E14 5AB
Telephone: 07709 393 156
The APPGFT does not currently have a website.
- Register of 29 September 2015,www.parliament.uk, accessed 16 October 2016
- Financial Technology APPG, parliament.uk, accessed 27 April 2016
- Financial Technology APPG, Feb16 Register, parliament.uk, accessed 28 April 2016
- Financial Technology APPG, Register 28 April 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 11 May 2016