Alex Baldock is the CEO of online retailer Shop Direct.
Support for the Conservatives
Letter to the Telegraph
On 1 April 2015 Baldock was one of 103 business leaders who wrote to the Telegraph praising the British Conservative Party's economic policies and claiming a Labour government would 'threaten jobs and deter investment' in the UK.
Recorded by the Electoral Commission:
|Date||Name of donor||Amount||Donated to||Subsidiary (parties only)|
|14/08/2008||Alexander D Baldock||£1,200.00||Conservative Party||Kensington|
- Retail Symposium Alex Baldock, accessed 1 April 2015.
- Retail Week Alex Baldock, accessed 1 April 2015.
- Backing the Conservatives], 21 May 2001, accessed 8 April 2015.
- Peter Dominiczak, 100 business chiefs: Labour threatens Britain's recovery, Telegraph, 1 April 2015.
- Electoral Commission, Donation Search, accessed 2 April 2015.