In the 2015 general election, Meale was re-elected with a majority of 5,315. 
Stance on fracking
Meale's constituency includes six oil and gas licence blocks, awarded by the Oil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015. Five shale licenses were awarded to INEOS and one abandoned mine methane vent licence went to Alkane Energy. There are plans for four shale wells, one hrz frack well and 2D and 3D seismic surveying; no applications are currently underway. 
Meale has said he opposes fracking due to the potential for contamination it poses on water supplies. 
Meale has been absent for most votes on fracking. 
- 26 January 2015: absent for a vote on making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. He was also absent for a vote on an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: voted against requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: absent for a vote on weakening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 4159
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 85 West Gate, Mansfied, NG18 1RT
- Telephone: 01623 660531
- Fax: 01623 420495
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sir Alan Meale MP www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 March 2015
- Alan Meale Express, accessed 18 May 2015
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- Kevin Rogers, Petrochemical chief says fracking would be a great opportunity for the Mansfield area, Chad, 1 February 2016, accessed 29 December 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Alan Meale, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 28 December 2016.
- Space APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 February 2016