After leaving the army, he joined the Alignment. He was elected to the Knesset in the 1973 elections, and was appointed Transportation Minister, and then Information Minister. He resigned from the latter post in 1975, and then from the Knesset shortly before the 1977 elections.
- 1979 Jerusalem Conference on International Terrorism
- 1988 International advisory board Political Communication and Persuasion
- 1991 Director of Jaffee Center for Strategic Studies
- Aharon Yariv, knesset.gov.il, accessed 13 April 2011.
- Robert G. Kaufman, Henry M. Jackson: A Life in Politics, University of Washington Press, 2000, p.265.