Department for Exiting the European Union
|Part of the Powerbase Brexit Portal.|
It was formed by the Prime Minister, Theresa May, in July 2016, in the wake of the referendum vote to leave the EU.
As of Nov 2017:
- David Davis, Brexit Secretary from July 2016
- Lord Martin Callanan, Brexit minister from October 2017
- Robin Walker, Brexit minister; former lobbyist with lobbying agency Finsbury
- Steve Baker, Brexit minister
- Lord George Bridges, Brexit minister from July 2016 to June 2017; former lobbyist with Quiller Consultants
- BaronessJoyce Anelay, Brexit minister June 2017 to 27 October 2017.
- David Jones, Brexit minister July 2016 to June 2017.
- Philip Rycroft, Permanent Secretary
- Sarah Healey, Director General
- Alex Ellis, Director General
- Susannah Storey, Acting Director General
- Margaret Stephens, Chair of Audit and Risk Assurance Committee, Non-executive board member
- Susan Hooper, Non-executive board member
- Tom Shinner, Director for Cross-Government Policy Coordination
- Chris Jones, Director for Justice, Security and Migration
- Chris Hobley, Director of Market Access and Budget
- Matt Baugh, Director of Negotiation Coordination Unit
- James Roscoe, Director for Communications and Stakeholders
- Joanna Key, Director for Legislation and Constitution
- Anna Clunes, Director for Institutions and Member States
- Helen Mills, Director for Human Resources and Corporate Centre *
Richard Ney, Director for Finance and Corporate Centre
High turnover of staff
Figures released by the Department in September 2017 show that more than 20 per cent of its civil servants have left in the last 14 months, far higher than the average 9 per cent turnover across the civil service.
- Brexit minister Baroness Anelay resigns after five months over 'injury sustained in 2015', Independent, 27 Oct 2017