George Bridges aka Baron Bridges of Headley, MBE (born 15 July 1970), is a British politician, an ex-Brexit junior minister and lobbyist.
He served as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Exiting the European Union from 17 July 2016 until June 2017.
Previously he was appointed parliamentary secretary for the UK Cabinet Office on 14 May 2015. In this role he supported the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster on policy, and also Cabinet Office business in the House of Lords.
From his previous biography on Quiller's website:
- George has a broad experience in communications and campaigning. During his career – which has spanned politics, the media and business – he has advised senior executives and politicians on how best to make their case.
- In 2006, George was appointed Campaign Director for the Conservative Party, and was responsible for the Party’s media, political and campaign teams. Before that, he was Chairman of the Conservative Research Department, helping to shape and implement the Party’s political strategy.
- Earlier in his career, George worked in 10 Downing Street as Assistant Political Secretary to the Prime Minister. From 1994 to 1997 he helped to brief the Prime Minister for interviews, prepare him for Prime Minister’s Questions and drafted articles and speeches.
- George also has considerable experience of the media. For two years he wrote editorials for The Times on politics and domestic issues – ranging from agricultural to healthcare. Before that he worked for Britain’s largest commercial terrestrial broadcaster, helping to set up the country’s digital terrestrial television network.
- George first worked at Quiller between 2000 and 2003, when he advised a range of clients on campaigns, crisis management and media and political handling.
Educated at Eton with UK Prime Minister David Cameron. Took a First in modern history at Oxford University, and studied politics at the University of Pennsylvania as a Thouron Scholar. He was awarded an MBE in 1997.
Bridges personally handled Quiller's public affairs contract for the City of London Corporation between January 2011-January 2013.
- David Cameron
- Conservative Party
- Centre for Policy Studies - board director
- Foundation Years Trust - trustee