|Part of the Powerbase Brexit Portal.|
He is a vocal supporter of Brexit.
Baker is a passionate Brexit supporter.
He believes that the EU is 'unreformable', which is why he supports Brexit, and that every country in the EU is on the economic path taken by Greece. He told Politico:
- '“Every major Western economy is on a catastrophic trajectory. The age-old spending pledges simply cannot be funded by tax. They need borrowing or currency debasement... This is the real crisis.
- 'We are living in a crisis of political economy.'
Baker co-founded the neoliberal think tank the Cobden Centre with Toby Baxendale, a trustee of the Legatum Institute of which Baker is an 'enthusiastic supporter', according to the Times. Baxendale described their mission at the Cobden Centre as 'preventing the government from printing money. He told the Times: “My greatest objective in the Cobden Centre will be to go for the jugular of the state, to cut the oxygen and the blood supply off and force it to be honest.”
Parliamentary Group membership
Prior to becoming a minister, Baker was a member of the following All Party Parliamentary Groups:
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Unconventional Oil and Gas, set up 2013
- Smart Cities All-Party Parliamentary Group
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Freedom of Religion or Belief 
- All-Party Parliamentary Furniture Industry Group
- Vice-chair of the Associate Parliamentary Aerospace Group 
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 3547, 020 7219 5099
- Fax: 020 7219 4614
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: c/o Wycombe Conservative Association, 150A West Wycombe Road, High Wycombe, HP12 3AE
- Telephone: 01494 448408
- Email: email@example.com
Web & Social media
- Website: http://www.stevebaker.info
- Steve Baker, www.parliament.uk, accessed 8 September 2013.
- The Tory rebel with an anti-European cause, Politico.EU, 23 June 2015
- Christopher Chandler: billionaire behind Legatum think tank has unrivalled access to Brexit MPs, Times, 14 Oct 2017
- 'Freedom Declared: Who we are', Freedom Declared website, undated, accessed 6 November 2015
- 'Furniture Industry APPG',parliament.uk, accessed 11 November 2015
- Aerospace APPG Register Feb 16, www.parliament.uk, accessed 17 February 2016