Peter Haslam is Public Policy Adviser at the UK's trade lobby group the Nuclear Industry Association (NIA).
According to the NIA's website:
- Haslam has been a consultant to the NIA for several years, and is now their Public Policy Adviser. He has over 25 years experience in the energy sector and an extensive knowledge of Whitehall and the wider parliamentary process.
- Prior to becoming a consultant in 2005 he was British Energy's Director of Government Affairs for 9 years. During his career at BE, Peter developed and implemented the company's public affairs strategy at the Scottish, Westminster and European levels. Prior to this, his roles included Public Affairs Manager at Nuclear Electric plc and Head of the Parliamentary Section at the Central Electricity Generating Board. Before joining the electricity industry in 1986 Peter was a career civil servant in the Department of Energy, including spells as private secretary to two Government Ministers. 
- Rob Edwards, UK government shared intelligence with nuclear industry, documents show, guardian.co.uk, Monday 5 December 2011
- United Kingdom Parliament. Tuesday 14 December 2010 - Energy and Climate Change - Minutes of Oral Evidence - The revised draft National Policy Statements on energy, 14 Dec 2010
- Nuclear Industry Association, Peter Haslam - Public Policy Adviser, accessed 8 May 2012